The Blacktip is an ultra-light four batten wave sail, designed for ideal performance with multi-fin boards. The compact outline allows for easy handling, which together with the two kevlar stretch control tendons and a improved batten layout secures the profile stability.
The 2 MIL Q-ply paneling in the top half of the sail gives light swing weight handeling, while the bottom half of the sail is reinforced with 5 MIL X-ply to handle tough conditions. Designed and developed by Tomas Persson in close collaboration with Klaas Voget, the 2014 Blacktip presents the best drive and maneuverability in our wave sail range.
- A versatile wave sail which generates the speed, maneuverability and drive to get it on in the waves while still having the feather light feel you need in maneuvers.
- A lower positioned clew ring to respond to a more upright sailing position, seen in multi-fin sailing.
- Low-end power for early planing, high cut foot combined with relatively short boom for maneuverbility.
- Superb ability to de-power in the critical moment of a maneuver and very forgiving handling characteristic.
- Wider sleeve for more front end drive.
? The main advantages with the new Blacktip is that it is super light and very neutral, so it is really maneuverable. It keeps the drive all the way through the turn, even if the wave doesn?t have a lot of push and if your timing is less than perfect, the Blacktip still gives you the maneuverability and power to adjust your moves.? - Klaas Voget G-4
size boom luff mast vario top
3.4 136 342 340/15 adjustable
3.7 144 356 340/15 adjustable
4.0 150 368 340/15 adjustable
4.2 152 374 370/17 fixed
4.5 158 388 370/17 fixed
4.7 163 394 370/17 fixed
5.0 165 407 400/19 fixed
5.3 170 421 400/19 fixed
5.6 172 437 430/21 fixed
5.9 175 450 430/21 fixed
PRO PERFORMANCE MAST: RDM 10
RECOMMENDED MAST: RDM 8
SECOND RECOMMENDED MAST: RDM 6 or SC-6